Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poetic Post-it Notes.

Every morning you exchange polite ‘hellos” with the ceiling. The ceiling is always there – the ceiling drips comfort me like persistent leaves that remain attached past maturity.

You would almost be inclined to believe that everything around you is stubbornly unyielding – some drips would prefer you to stay or they choose to never go away. Such a thermodynamic property – the amount of energy slows and is no longer available as time sets it. But it’ll still be there when you wake up tomorrow. Then something new comes along and you imagine what it would be like ... over there. What’s over there? I’m selfish - I want to fill this space and that space. Why can’t they discover the processes that will allow me to indulge in simultaneous living?

Can’t my matter be in two places at the same time? Or maybe they can create a way for a projection or duplication of my matter to occupy the spaces of my choosing – but I must have the ability to feel in whatever space I occupy. You get caught up in bullshit like that and forget how beautiful that other thing is.

You realize, that some things are too fucking beautiful to ignore – one can’t help but yearn to be a part of that other place. Ah yes, those ceilings are always there, too. They’ll comfort me like persistent leaves that remain pas-. . .wait, I’ve done this all before. So, what’s the difference? The beauty – ah ha ... it’s there. It’s not in my mirror you know – it’s much more complicated than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment